The FaithOfJesus2 Daily Devotional Year 2
( FaithOfJesus thread begun by rRandyP )
kjv@Matthew:1:17 @ So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
Today's notes: In Thee The Families Of the Earth Blessed
Quoted index: FAITHOFJESUSAUDIO - Matthew:1:1-17:
- Before - (OLD TESTAMENT) + (Apocrypha documentation of time of MACCABEES)
- After - Joseph's consent sought devotion:Matthew:1:18-25
What is man believing/doing?
- partaking in a covenant between God and Abraham, the descendants of which are God's chosen people therefore to be a great nation. kjv@Genesis:12:2-3
- receiving much benefit from God while attempting with carnal resource to keep a life/death blessing/cursing spiritual commitment made to the Lord kjv@Deuteronomy:30:15-20
Of particular interest is the fact that the Hebrew seed is believing all along that it is keeping up with this when for the most part they never have; the situation that they find themselves in once again living proof.
What is making man to believe/do as he is?
- Law of Moses, promise land, history of miraculous wonders/deliverances/exodus and victories, ark and tabernacle, temple, established prophets, written and oral tradition, formal religious system with Sabbaths/Feasts/Sacrifices/Observances/Priests, prophecy
- internal elements of pride, fear, confidence, doubt, rumor, murmuring, reliance on God/self, spiritual devotion fidelity/adultery idolatry, exaltation/submission/rebellion, obedience, revival, sin transgression iniquity, repentance, doing what is right in their own eyes, nationalism, imagination, self justification, deception, short sightedness/blindness, intention, expectation, resource, compromise
- external elements of abundance/plenty, famine, health, plague, sovereignty, captivity, peace time, war time, isolation, political pressure/momentum
Zedekiah is actually considered the last king of Judah who is the third son of Josiah, appointed by the King of conquering Babylon. The the kingly line branches here and ends while the blood line follows through Jehoiakim's son Shealtiel the first of the non kings or princes. It does not seem to be because any of these later kings were any good that the line went the way it did, only by God's promise and discretion.
All the items listed above (covenant, law, land, temple, etc..) can be operated in the carnal without need for the spiritual gift of life in Christ Jesus, but not one can be fulfilled without Him.
- What does this tell us about our present condition?
- Despite good intentions and revivals of faith and commitment man is largely unable by his own resource to turn against the tide/establish a foothold/maintain that foothold/advance that foothold for any length of time. This holds true even with God's frequent injection of sacred elements such as covenant, prophecy, communication to, double measure, law, temple, ark, intercession/deliverance of, longsuffering and mercy, direction through established prophets. Each is met with a observable entropy of their obedience and resolve.
- Man is largely unaware of the near cyclic repetition, each generation thinking it is better to the last seeing the mistakes made and fully expecting to correct them only to make mistakes of their own, the similarity of those efforts every several links down the chain.
- We will see in the gospel to come the many fatal mistakes we make as individuals in our approach towards God illustrated in the faces and circumstances of the many who approached Him in that day.
index:FAITHOFJESUSDEVOTION January11 - Devotional Index
strkjv@Matthew:1:1-17 rwp@Matthew:1:1-17 mhcc@Matthew:1:1-17
devotion:FaithOfJesus2 - Devotion Index
|^ FaithOfJesus2||devotion:Matthew:1:18-25 >|