The Faith of Jesus Daily Devotional - Day 1
kjv@Matthew:1:17 @ So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
What is God doing?
- One thing/same thing - Fulfillment of original promise (unconditional) kjv@Genesis:3:15
- It "her seed" overwhelms Serpent's rule/lead/captin
- Thou "Serpent" bruises HIS "her seed's" heel/step/rear of army
- Not happening all at once/walking man through step by step to same conclusion
Ask yourself why Jesus/Savior? Why this Jesus? Why Jesus at this specific time? Why this Jesus in this specific manner? The answer is that this exactly fulfills God's original promise, the fulfillment that God has been single mindedly establishing throughout the Old Testament.
kjv@1John:3:8 @ He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
kjv@Colossians:2:15 @ And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly , triumphing over them in it.
kjv@Hebrews:2:14 @ Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
kjv@Isaiah:53:12 @ Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
kjv@Hebrews:2:15 @ And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
kjv@Romans:16:20 @ And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly . The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
What is man doing?
- Many things/all corrupted in some sense
- Gods in own eyes/Knowing and determining for self good and evil
- Making a covering for self (in light of self's guilt and pollution)
- Making something fo God's covering that it is not
- Trying to replicate/manufacture God's covering outside of God
- Disregarding need for any covering
Here are some of the story lines at play in the lineage that illustrate these Biblically certain points:
- God identifies the one person that this fulfillment "seed" will later come and the "seeds" that will carry the oracles of God until it's fulfillment in Christ.
- Abraham and Sarah attempt to fulfill God's stated plan on their own human terms through Sarah's bond-servant.
- God further establishes HIS singular plan
- Jacob and brother Esau wrestle over stated blood line on their own terms.
- God further establishes HIS singular plan
- One of eleven brothers that attempt to eliminate their own brother Joseph (Messianic like) because of his "visions of God given authority" eventually over them.
Note: The deliverance out of Egypt into the wilderness, the establishment of Mosaic Law is given to the nation, the lands of Canaan are given the nation as promised, during these intermediate generations in the lineage. Joshua accurately foretells nation's inability to keep law as sworn to would be a curse rather than a blessing.
- God paints the storyline of "Kinsman Redeemer" as shadow of coming Christ/Redeemer. Lineage is continued through the redeemed foreigner Ruth.
- (KINGLY LINE (David through Jehoiachin?))
- God further establishes HIS singular plan through David/Solomon
- God proves repeatedly man's effort at governing and being governed mixed/short lived/corrupt/ineffectual/unsustainable
- God's long-suffering throughout (with timely judgments for idolatry/adultery/disorder)
- At Rehoboam nation splits (southern kingdom 12/20 kings bad; northern kingdom 22/22 bad) (see: csv:KINGSOFISRAEL )
- Captivities, temple destructions/reconstructions
- (CAPTIVITY (From 597 B.C))
- No kings, no major prophets, no sovereign rule (Scepter of Judah removed)
- Little of glorious past remains, last attempt to rebuild temple (smaller scale) never completed
- Only hope = Messianic prophecies
- Joseph (Mary's future husband)
- (Fulfillment of Messiah not to be by man's seed or consent) (see Mary's line: kjv@Luke:3:23-38 )
What has God done? Shown mankind in every way conceivable the need for this type of Savior at this precise time and this specific manner.
What will God do?
- One thing, the same thing HE has prepared for all along:
- Bring Son "HE" Jesus to the cross to become the complete covering thus overwhelming the Serpent's rule/lead.
- Blood of Christ is to be our covering.
- Jerusalem destroyed 70 A.D and 12 tribes dispersed as confirmation (can't be fulfilled another way)
What will man do? Many things, all corrupted in some sense (but by the blood of Jesus Christ)
What does this passage tell us about the commands and faith of Jesus that saints are to keep/guard?
Above everything else that our faith could mean and bring benefit to, it is the belief/trust in a singular unconditional promise made by God from the beginning, established by God throughout, brought about in HIS Son becoming flesh and by HIS Son's unwavering obedience unto death: the promise of being delivered from this sentence of eternal death.