The FaithOfJesus2 Daily Devotional Year 2
@ Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
( FaithOfJesus thread begun by RandyP )
Today's notes: The Alabaster Box
Quoted index: FAITHOFJESUSAUDIO - Matthew:26:6-13 :
|info|| UNDER CONSTRUCTION - Faith Of Jesus Daily Devotional Podcast with RandyP |
- Before - Two days
- After - seeking opportunity to betray
What is man believing/doing?:
- dining with Jesus
- one anointing Jesus for burial, others indignant about the expense/waste of it and what might have been done with the price
- various beliefs about the poor
- later when preaching the gospel memorializing this woman
What is making man believe/do as he is:
- a partial denial of the impending death of Jesus and the reverence due
- a mention previously by Jesus of selling all and giving to poor if one wants to be perfect
- deep personal reverence, mourning and the rites of burial, sparing no expense
- (the implication that perfection is not always the personal objective)
- (implication of either a command/revelation given her or strong heart felt emotional reaction chosen to be acted upon)
- woman's waiting for the right opportunity, her saving the ointment for the need when presented
- others watching her as she did this
Jesus keeping of commandment:
- obedience unto death
Jesus keeping of faith:
- she had done this for unselfish reason
- that the poor will always be, He though only had two more days
- with the preparation of the disciples even as He was about to be betrayed/buried
- with the work of the Father upon human hearts in the days to come
- What does this say about our present condition?
- One out of many had the Lord's death and burial on her mind. The mind is most likely in these times to prioritize according to denials (partial?) and justification (self) and suspicions of others intents, therefore lending the majority to near immediate judgment.
- The suspicion/judgment may have been made by one or few people initially, but others no doubt came (were brought) to the same conclusion upon the murmur of accusation. Others may have technically remained passive, but the product of the group equates to the same.
- An intention, even a bold expensive charitable notion to the poor can appear to be sound and spiritual, but at it's core be made indifferent by certain occasion/situation. Certain environments trump best though common understanding, the impending sacrifice of our Lord being one. Thankfully we have this woman as a constant reminder not to overlook the obvious opportunities for pure unadulterated reverence.
|< devotion:Matthew:26:1-5||devotion:Matthew:26:14-16 >|