The FaithOfJesus2 Daily Devotional Year 2
( FaithOfJesus thread begun by rRandyP )
Today's Verse: Opportunity to betray
Quoted index: FAITHOFJESUSAUDIO - Matthew:26:14-16:
- Before - Ointment for burial
- After - The Lord's Supper
What is man believing/doing?:
- authority searching out a means to finally put Jesus away that minimizes public back lash
- one of His own seeking secretly to assist the authorities
- covenant between two parties
- the receiving of profit by one of His own (one given) for treachery
What is making man believe/do as he is?:
- authority - inability till now to accomplish this by own means
- Judas - (unfathomable)
- for Judas to determine/notify of right opportunity
Jesus keeping of commandment:
- keeping of all given but for the son of perdition
- having forewarned the others given (even though they may not have excepted it)
- having given Himself into the Father's hands willingly for this baptism/sacrifice
Jesus keeping of faith:
- allowing for the one go about this without attempting to stop Him or talk him out
- having known His betrayer all along, allowing him his time to come to this
Matthew appears to go out of his way to point out that Jesus knew of all that was about to happen before any man had sought out and agreed to this betrayal. He will also point that Jesus made Judas aware to the opportunity they were seeking that night at the table.
This covenanting appears before any mention of possible possession by Satan. It can be strongly argued that because of this Satan later entered him.
- What does this say about our present condition?
- Judas - there are parts of the human nature that make some to believe/do things certain to defy intellectual understanding. These are best put as base desires or base directives. Every appearance has it as a pathway of something not originally set out to do, but how does one not set out on this course without intention or at least susceptibility, rational or not? Be it greed or disagreement or disappointment or such, these seem symptoms merely to something much darker but largely human within. Who is to say that this "whatever it is" is not within all of us somewhere deep as well?
- Disciples - there is not a clue nor inclination that these others are on the lookout or have Jesus' back on this for as many times as it has been discussed. They seem to be as busy and in their own moment as anyone could be. Not only are they blind to what has been foretold and what is now happening, they are blind to who is doing it. This could represent the general state of man. Maybe call it "grazing".
- Chief Priests - The harder that they have tried to do this on their own the more embarrassing and futile it has become for them. This opportunity appears different enough to them in that it is being handed on a silver platter to them by someone from within, enough so that they are willing to pay Judas for the deed.
|< devotion:Matthew:26:6-13||devotion:Matthew:26:17-30 >|