kjv@Revelation:14:12 @ Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
thread begun by rRandyP
kjv@Matthew:5:43 @ Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
kjv@Matthew:5:44 @ But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
kjv@Matthew:5:45 @ That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven; for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
kjv@Matthew:5:46 @ For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
kjv@Matthew:5:47 @ And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
kjv@Matthew:5:48 @ Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Today's notes: On the Just and Unjust
Quoted index: FAITHOFJESUSAUDIO - Matthew:5:43-48:
- Before - On the Just and Unjust
- After - Left hand know
What is man believing/doing?:
- loving/speaking well of/doing good unto/saluting their countrymen/brethren/friends
- doing the opposite for their enemies
What is making man to believe/do as he is doing?:
- those that operate with eye on not having enemies
Jesus keeping of commandment:
- preparing disciples for the enemies that they (the body) will have because of Him
- exceeding unto similar perfection as the Father who sends sun/rain on just and unjust
- Jesus was not one to sugar coat His message to enemies. His hard talk was mainly to people professing to know the Law who had been set in charge of His people to shepherd but were not. At this point quite literally if He were to be harsh at all His enemies He would have been harsh toward us all. Therefore, it could be said that His entire ministry on earth was a fulfillment of this command; each topic He is addressing in this sermon is His way of loving and blessing.
Jesus keeping of faith:
- Enemies will increasingly occur the closer we come toward Christ, by number (all) and by hostility (slanderous/violent and deadly). Christ exposes their sinful nature, they will having nothing to do with Christ/Christians and have everything against.
- Loving/speaking well of/doing good unto/saluting equally friend and enemy is done because it is right and of the Father, however it also is received as burning coals upon the head of those who are attempting unjustly to portray us as being/doing the opposite.
- This is something that goes contrary to our nature and requires His work upon us to enable.
What does this say about our present condition?
- The easiest path is to avoid or ignore or tolerate enemies, the most common to defend against or confront. Loving/speaking well of/doing good unto/saluting enemies is felt almost to give them credit or to build them up with undeserved esteem.
- To seek to not have enemies is not possible in this case, not because it is not our intention, but because it is far from the spiritual reality. Often our efforts at praise project forward as condescension; the key has to be it coming equally upon all with clear and perfect heart which takes much of His work upon us.
- Even Christians in every other sense will back off what the Church is to represent because it immediately makes for more enemies. They will purposely side with complaints against it in order to represent an individualism that Christians don't have to be so disagreeable, as if unintentionally to be friends with Christ's enemies.
index:FAITHOFJESUSDEVOTION - Devotional Index
strkjv@Matthew:5:43-48 rwp@Matthew:5:43-48 mhcc@Matthew:5:43-48
devotion:FaithOfJesus2 - Devotion Index