kjv@Revelation:14:12 @ Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
thread begun by rRandyP
kjv@Matthew:7:13 @ Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat;
kjv@Matthew:7:14 @ Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Today's notes: Enter Ye
Quoted index: FAITHOFJESUSAUDIO - Matthew:7:13-14:
- Before - Ask Therefore Do
- After - he that doeth the will
What is man believing/doing?:
- pondering their entry into the Kingdom
What is making man to believe/do as he is doing?:
- wide - God wants everyone of every belief and moral condition inside, God is non-judgmental
- narrow - no one would make it into the kingdom if not for His mercy and His mercy is towards those who believe in His Son and are willing in this life to be molded and shaped by Him into what all must become that are granted His eternity. It is a kingdom of those who have been spiritually transformed by His exceeding promises and righteous acts.
strkjv@Ezekiel:18:27-32 strkjv@Proverbs:9:6 strkjv@Psalms:14:2-3 strkjv@Romans:3:9-19 strkjv@1John:5:19 strkjv@Proverbs:16:25 strkjv@Isaiah:35:8 kjv@Proverbs:17:19
Two choices - strkjv@Deuteronomy:30:19 strkjv@Jeremiah:21:8 life/death blessing/cursing, strkjv@Isaiah:55:7 wicked and pardoned
What does this say about our present condition?
- Narrow gate from the human perspective is often held as narrow mind, neglecting the notion that heaven might have something to protect itself from us for (or us in our present state from something in it).
- There is the constant struggle between the image of God we want to hold and the image God needs for us to hold; the image He Himself has to reveal. The image we want to hold is the image that fits us comfortably into the widest group, not that makes us to stand out as acknowledging something vastly different and that sets us so far apart from the majority. When people say that their heart is essentially good they are saying that they essentially fit into the widest group's foot print.
index:FAITHOFJESUSDEVOTION - Devotional Index
strkjv@Matthew:7:13-14 rwp@Matthew:7:13-14 mhcc@Matthew:7:13-14
FaithOfJesus2 - Devotion Index