pcarr - FoundationsOfFaith:
PracticalChristian > FoundationsOfFaith
The Foundations of our Christian Faith.
Begun by: RandyP
Chances are that you heard something here or there about a Lord Jesus Christ. Maybe you even grew up in a Christian home. Somehow the pieces however never really fit together as to who Jesus is or what He means to your salvation. You've been left with a hodge podge of information and mis-information.
I believe I can help tie somethings together for you!
There are two chapters in the Bible that I would like to share with you, one from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament that can bring our faith into clearer focus. kjv@Isaiah:53 is a prophecy 700 plus years before Jesus that announces who Jesus will be and why He must suffer and die the way He did, what that death and resurection means to our relationship with God. kjv@2Peter:1 takes that "like minded faith" in the sacrifice of Jesus and bridges it into the practical realm of everyday life and fruitfulness. Between the two, I believe we have a clear and concise introductory understanding to base the foundations of our faith.
The manner I wish to present this framework is with as many bible links to the subject matter as you care to explore. Discover these truths on your own and at your own pace. I feel that the scriptures are their own best interprutors. I will add some commentary to the end of each section to get the discussion going and open it up to other reader's commentary. Please consider these commentaries as just that, commentary, and come to your own scripturally proven understandings.
We will take each of these passages individually and add a third portion for those of you that are coming to this search in desperate need. The hope is that by having the foundation of faith and knowing how to be fruitful in it will immediately begin producing results that you can fine tune and build upon to make substantial differences in you lives.
We also hope that this will become a useful resource for sharing with other people.
Please begin by reading the two introductory pieces together:
Then continue to the self paced studies!
- Foundations Of Faith PART1
- FoundationsOfFaith1Intro - kjv@Isaiah:53 Intro
- FoundationsOfFaith1a - kjv@Isaiah:53:1
- FoundationsOfFaith1b - kjv@Isaiah:53:2
- FoundationsOfFaith1c - kjv@Isaiah:53:3
- FoundationsOfFaith1d - kjv@Isaiah:53:4
- FoundationsOfFaith1e - kjv@Isaiah:53:5
- FoundationsOfFaith1f - kjv@Isaiah:53:6
- FoundationsOfFaith1g - kjv@Isaiah:53:7
- FoundationsOfFaith1h - kjv@Isaiah:53:8
- FoundationsOfFaith1i - kjv@Isaiah:53:9
- FoundationsOfFaith1j - kjv@Isaiah:53:10
- FoundationsOfFaith1k - kjv@Isaiah:53:11
- FoundationsOfFaith1l - kjv@Isaiah:53:12
- FoundationsOfFaith1 - kjv@Isaiah:53:1-12 conclussions
- FoundationsOfFaith1ChildThreads - kjv@Isaiah:53:1-12 Further Resources and Child Threads
Isaiah Chapter 53 serves as a excellent platform to research and discuss the essential core foundations of our Christian faith. It is perhaps the most compact and profound passage of the entire bible; a guideline to understand and interpret the entirity of scripture.
- Foundations Of Faith PART2
- FoundationsOfFaith2Intro - kjv@2Peter:1:1-27 Intro
- FoundationsOfFaith2a - kjv@2Peter:1:1
- FoundationsOfFaith2b - kjv@2Peter:1:2-4
- FoundationsOfFaith2c - kjv@2Peter:1:5
- FoundationsOfFaith2d - kjv@2Peter:1:6
- FoundationsOfFaith2e - kjv@2Peter:1:7
- FoundationsOfFaith2f - kjv@2Peter:1:8-9
- FoundationsOfFaith2g - kjv@2Peter:1:10-11
- FoundationsOfFaith2h - kjv@2Peter:1:12-15
- FoundationsOfFaith2i - kjv@2Peter:1:16-22
2Peter Chapter 1 serves as a standard for building a practical framework for daily living to attach to the core "like precious faith" of Isaiah 53. To be diligent in these specific areas will produce immediate and sustainable fruit in the knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Foundations Of Faith PART3
Having both the core foundation (FoundationsOfFaith1) and the practical framework (FoundationsOfFaith2) understood and at work in our lives we explore field wise level examples of various daily implimentations such as tackling destructive personal traits and personal issues and crises. The core and framework hold true regardless of the situation.
This PCARR Wiki thread utilizes the power of the 'pBiblx2 Field Wise Bible System' to present to you the scriptures and reference works that might help you. We include topical discussion boards and links to external resources that you can further pursue to gain understanding.
Effort has been made to allow the scriptures to speak for themselves as much as possible, pack in as many additional resources and links as possible, to organize them into a more cohesive summary.
In other words, we want you to be able to look into this as deeply and thuroughly as you want.
May our God bless all of your inquiries!
Recent Comments Comment Board:FoundationHomePage
|< kjv@Previous: PracticalChristian||kjv@Next: FoundationsOfFaith1 >|