pcarr - FoundationsOfFaith2:
FoundationsOfFaith > FoundationsOfFaith2
The Foundations Of Faith:
The Gospel of Jesus in a Nutshell
So what is this Good News Gospel?
- The Gospel of Jesus entirely revolves around what Jesus was able to accomplish in obedience to the Father for the benefit of mankind in mediation at His Cross:
- The major focus in advance of the Cross pointed intensely upon God's immense longing to accomplish something complete and eternal in regards to the regenerative restoration of man's displaced spirit; the steps that He took to convince us of our desperate need.
- The major focus after the Cross is in the demonstration of the power and sufficiency of Christ's accomplishment upon His Cross, laying claim upon those who would receive the gift of His sacrifice, the spread and proclamation of His gift to the farthest reaches until His final return at judgement.
The pre-requeset establishments of His plan leading to the Cross was very deliberate and methodical on God's part, spelled out diversely in large grandiose brush strokes in specific terms that would have been discernible and retain-able across several generations, nations, castes, cultural methods of orality and literacy, languages and dialects, etc..., to any honest and persistant seeker.
The post event planned witness and testimony was likewise as universal and grand and deliberate and methodical; surviving massive and frequent attempts to divert, disperse, suppress, slander, oppress, radicalize, intellectualize, secularize, plagiarize, nationalize, comingle, etc...
Both pre and post efforts will be proven to be eminently complete and impacting when the shroud of our carnality is finally lifted. The wisdom of all that was done will be shown as unfathomably manifold.
It will take us an eternal lifetime to run out of praise for who He is and what He accomplished.
The emphasis on His Cross is such a central and important point. This might be where you'd be better off exploring the scriptures for yourself; coming to your own conclusion.
If I were to point you to some key concepts would you be willing to take the time to browse amongst the tons of related links and resources also provided?
Eventually, I know that you'll need to approach the scriptures in their fuller overall context. But for now atleast, search out where you are driven, come to your own satisfaction.
You are welcome to come back to this point to continue on with the third part of the series Gospel FAQ's.
1. Jesus is "the light" to our darkness. kjv@John:3:19-21
|dict:tcr Jesus||index:JESUSBYINDEX||index:SCRIPTUREBYSUBJECT jesus christ|| filter:NT-GOSPEL Jesus+AND+light |
|filter:NT-EPISTLES Jesus+AND+light||filter:NT darkness||pcarr:JesusByName|
2. Sin abounds - All men are guilty. kjv@Romans:3:23
|filter:NT by one man||filter:OT evil in the sight||filter:OT imagination|| filter:NT sins |
|filter:NT transgression||dict:tcr guilt||dict:tcr condemn||dict:tcr evil|
3. My sin has an ultimate non-negotiable price that only Jesus can pay. kjv@1Peter:1:18-21
|dict:torrey Redemp||filter:NT remission||dict:torrey reconcil|
4. Jesus suffered the death of the Cross and was raised to the Father's throne as conqueror/victor for me over the power of sin and death. kjv@Acts:2 kjv@1John:5:4
|index:JESUSBYINDEX JesusProphecyOT||filter:NT crucif||dict:naves cross|| dict:easton crucif |
|dict:tcr salvation||dict:all reconcil||dict:all resurrection||kjv@Hosea:13:14|
5. Jesus purchased my soul having died for my sins once and for all by the Cross of Calvary. kjv@Ephesians:1:14
|filter:NT-EPISTLES died||filter:NT-EPISTLES price||filter:NT-EPISTLES redemption||filter:OT-POET redeem|
6. The blood Jesus washes me clean. kjv@1John:1:7 kjv@Matthew:26:28 kjv@Hebrews:9:14 kjv@Hebrews:9:9-12 kjv@Hebrews:9:22 kjv@Titus:3:5
|dict:tcr cleansing||dict:all sancti|
7. The life here on earth that I have remaining has been given to Him for use as He see's fit. kjv@Romans:12:1 kjv@Galatians:2:20 kjv@Galatians:6:14 kjv@Hebrews:12:2 kjv@1Peter:2:9
|dict:tcr sanctification||dict:easton godliness|
8. I am a new creature spiritualy in Christ, a son of the first born from death. His Spirit is working within me to mortify the remnants of my past sin nature. kjv@2Corinthians:5:17 kjv@Romans:8:13
|dict:torrey adoption||filter:NT-EPISTLE firstborn||filter:NT-EPISTLE inherit||dict:easton Holy Ghost||f[NT@sin|
9. I have been given God's Holy Spirit to influence me more and more toward living and establishing a more acceptable empowered life, toward spreading forth His Gospel into the near and far reaches of humanity. kjv@Luke:12:3
|dict:easton Holy Ghost||dict:torrey gospel||dict:all missions||filter:NT world AND preach|
10. Blessed fellowship with the Father is promised me even now, but exspecially in the future. kjv@Philippians:3:10 kjv@Acts:2:39 kjv@2Corinthians:7:1
|dict:all fellowship||dict:all communion||dict:torrey unity||dict:all promises|
|< kjv@Previous: FoundationsOfFaith1||kjv@Next: FoundationsOfFaith3 >|