TestingTheSpirits - rRandyP
Not all spirits are from God.
The Apostle John writes:
He speaks of many pseudo prophets G5578 that fill the world. These are the same false prophets Peter speaks of in kjv@2Peter:2:1 "who privily shall bring in damnable heresies", Jesus said kjv@Mark:13:22 "shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect", kjv@Matthew:7:15 "which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves".
How do we know that they are false?
How do we test them to see if they are from God?
( Return to parent thread: RandyP )
The Reprobate Image of God
In a world of relativism where all paths lead to God, where the image of God can be made like four legged creeping things or as a lustful sex driven goddess or a maniac temple idol bent or ritual infanticide, or even a more common bumbling chaotic/tempermental recluse, where it is all okay because "all paths" lead...
...the pcarr:ReprobateMind fails to see the dilemma of having multiple gods serve as one God. It is quiet easy to find justification in most any pursuit or course of religious action. It is easy to find some one willing to offer you a differing pathway to spiritual enlightenment.
- Not all is spiritual enlightenment however. Much of the so called enlightenment is better described as bondage.
- I think of the many earthly pathways where the ones connection to God is not a direct connection between God and self but between self and an spiritual intermediary, a so called wise or gifted one. It makes no sense to me why someone looking for a direct personal path to God would get caught up in tunneling an opposite way through another no matter how wise or how foretelling or how personally discerning he/she was.
- I think of the many earthly pathways that seek the ability to know and control the future ahead of them in their own favor. Opposed to the belief that God is in control these teachings are founded on the insistence that God has given the control over to a certain "gifted" few. Follow the few and somehow one will follow a more prosperous pathway into the future.
Jesus wasn't as diplomatic when He said that anyone coming in to the Kingdom other than through "The Door" is a thief kjv@John:10:1. Jesus being the Door.
Those that come between you and your direct pathway to God exalt themselves into a opposing position that need not be. One is placing themselves captive into anothers' direct control. Your connection to God is dependent upon theirs. It is a premise built upon an odd ageless notion that you are not good enough, that there needs to be a go between to go to bat with God on your behalf.
You see the reprobate selfishness inherent in this don't you. God becomes no longer sufficient in all things, He becomes secretive and a multi-leveled game player. An accusation right out of the serpents mouth Garden of Eden accusation in kjv@Genesis:3 .
Where in the blood of Christ Jesus we have all grace and sufficiency, in the false prophets we have a pyramid of levels to work our way up to obtain our own selfish wants and desires. We have the daily sacrifice of our fleshly desires to His better intentions verses the stealing of Gods' grace and mercy for our own designs and purposes.
The reprobate mind is willing to accept all of this because it better serves it's vain imaginations.
The Sheep's Clothing
Jesus put it another way, that a tree will be known by it's fruit.
What fruit does the prophets system of belief lead to long term?
There is a way that seems right to a man but it's end is death. What profit has a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul?
It is one thing for a seer to stand before you and tell you your inner secrets or fortunes.
It is easy to see initially how this course of action or another will or will not benefit you. One can compare benefit to benefit. For some reason this is thought to be intelligence, instead it should be considered short and selfish sighted.
- What we really should be examining when confronted by these prophets is the under the skin details.
- How is the redemptive plan of God for all men being advanced?
- What are the things that they'll be having me do after I join on?
- What do they really believe about themselves in relation to God and to others?
( Return to parent thread: RandyP )