The Reprobate Core
The reprobate core is a composite concept derived from the notion that the fallen human elements of reprobate mind, (continual/only) vain imagination, deceitful (above all things) heart, old creature/new creature, spiritual darkness or death, fleshly or sin nature and original sin all speak essentially of the same spiritual thing. The attempt is to bring a conceptual consistency to our understanding of the contextual consistency of the Bible and man's role in it.
- The scriptural concept of the reprobate core is most readily examined in kjv@Romans:1:21-32
- kjv@Romans:1:21 depicts an adoption of a vain imagination of God that causes our heart/relationship to God to darken.
- kjv@Romans:1:22 suggests that the vain imagination is asserted/presented as an enlightened form of wisdom.
- kjv@Romans:1:23 suggest an outright shift of attitude where the nature of God once being thought of as un-corruptible becomes corruptible down to the level of a man or animal or insect.
- kjv@Romans:1:24 suggests that God has not prevented the mind from pursuing this reprobate course and that there is an immediate and direct correlation between this cooperate mind set and the lusts of the heart.
- kjv@Romans:1:25 suggests that spiritual truth becomes to them as a lie.
- kjv@Romans:1:26-27 minus spiritual truth immediate sexual perversions manifest.
- kjv@Romans:1:28 because they reject any revelation of the true nature of God outright they take on a destructive nature inherent with the reprobate/vain image.
- kjv@Romans:1:29-31 lists a sampling of the behavioral traits adopted.
- kjv@Romans:1:32 suggests a desired tolerance and inclusiveness, may even suggest an extra sensory boost of knowing that God is against it.
This is not the first mention biblically of the centrality of the imagination related to God's image filter:NONE imagination . kjv@Genesis:6:5 says that it is only evil continually and kjv@Genesis:8:21 says that it is evil from our youth. kjv@Jeremiah:7:24 suggests that we walk where our imagination leads. kjv@Romans:3:23 all men fall short of this truer image.
Along the lines of Satan's deception of Eve in the garden kjv@Genesis:3:1-5. kjv@1Corinthians:3:19 says the wisdom of this world (collective), better understood as a craftiness, is foolishness to God. kjv@Proverbs:1:7 true wisdom is despised, kjv@Proverbs:2:2 must be listened to and applied, kjv@Proverbs:2:10 enters in to the soul not out from, kjv@Proverbs:11:2 is with the lowly, kjv@Proverbs:14:8 is to understand ones way, kjv@Proverbs:17:16 is not purchased but absorbed, kjv@Proverbs:21:30 is not against God, kjv@Proverbs:30:3 is learned.
God's wisdom compositely associates foolishness with kjv@Proverbs:1:22 simplicity and delight in scorn and hate for knowledge, kjv@Proverbs:3:35 self promoting by shaming others, kjv@Proverbs:9:13 clamor, kjv@Proverbs:10:8 prating, kjv@Proverbs:10:23 making sport of mischief, kjv@Proverbs:12:15 always being right in own eyes, kjv@Proverbs:12:16 making ones wrath immediately known, kjv@Proverbs:13:19 making it an abomination to depart, kjv@Proverbs:14:16 rage and confidence, kjv@Proverbs:15:5 anti-establishment, kjv@Proverbs:17:10 defiant, kjv@Proverbs:17:24 universally focused, kjv@Proverbs:18:2 self discovering, kjv@Proverbs:18:6 contentious, kjv@Proverbs:19:3 perverted and peevish toward God, kjv@Proverbs:20:3 meddling, kjv@Proverbs:26:5 wise in own conceit, kjv@Proverbs:26:11 returning to folly, kjv@Proverbs:28:26 trusting in own heart, kjv@Proverbs:29:9 persistently contending, kjv@Proverbs:29:11 brashly speaks mind, kjv@Proverbs:29:20 hasty.
Sound's pretty much like a modern college class room doesn't it?
kjv@Genesis:3:5 the serpent introduces the idea that God is withholding/suppressing the god-like potential they'd otherwise achieve. The Bible is filled with descriptions of man' corruption filter:NONE corrupt and the many many images that we've created. kjv@Titus:1:15 presents a mindset where truths are held at best as only relative and at worst as defiled, nothing is held as pure or absolute.
kjv@Ephesians:4:19 suggests that it was they themselves that gave themselves over to this as well.
kjv@Romans:8:20 tells us that God did not will for this change, but once we had made the decision instead subjected us to the consequences of such because of some greater long range hope. kjv@Proverbs:1:20-31 depicts man in denial as being allowed to eat the fruit of his own way, become filled with his own devices, and the onset of the calamity that inevitably follows.
kjv@Proverbs:9:1-6 pictures wisdom as an open invitation that is to be willingly accepted, kjv@Matthew:22:1-12 dramatizes this invitation as a public wedding invitation but further places a obligation of additional responsibility.
kjv@Jeremiah:9:3 our tongues bent like a bow proceeding from evil to evil, kjv@Jeremiah:9:5 our tongue being "taught" to decieve (taught by whom?). kjv@STRING:false False teachers, false christs, false gods and images, false prophets, false brethren, false apostles, false witnesses, false accusers, false balances, false science.
kjv@John:3:19-21 doing truth requires an examination of ones deeds in the light of God's truest image, an image that is by all current means passionately rejected and refuted. kjv@Ephesians:6:12 states that the true carnal command structure is on the level of much higher principalities and powers.
kjv@Genesis:3:6-7 the first manifestation after the fall was sexual shame. kjv@Genesis:6:2-4 within the first eight generations the fallen angels sought to shame the daughters of men making necessary a world wide flood. kjv@Romans:1:24 mentions the dishonoring of their bodies between themselves through lust. Could it be that much of what we romanticize as "free love" is actually "free shame" and attempted domination?
Much of satanic and demonic and pagan worship ritual is centered upon the sexual dominion over the innocent and virgin (Even supposed UFO abduction). How much more the offenses of rape and sexual abuse and gang banging, adultery, stalking, incest and pedophilia and serial murder?
The knowledge not retained here kjv@Romans:1:28 is better viewed as recognition or kjv@2Timothy:2:25 kjv@Colossians:2:2 acknowledgement similar to the reverence and acknowledgement spoken of in kjv@Proverbs:3:5-7
Filled G4137 cram packed/replete with these behaviors, branching out far beyond the more obvious sexual natures.
kjv@Proverbs:1:10-19 the enticement is a universal sense that never comes to fruition because of individual greeds. kjv@Isaiah:5:20 if for just putting all things on one tolerant relative level the result is the same.
The reprobate mind is similar if not the same as the carnal mind, the deceitful heart, the vain imagination, the darkened mind, and other assorted references throughout. carnal mind heart imagination darkness wisdom wise fool idol. It can also be found in the religious kjv@Titus:1:16 except the truer image be found in Christ kjv@2Corinthians:13:5.
It is clearly indicated throughout the entire context of the Bible that God has made His true image known perceptually by creation kjv@Romans:1:19-20, kjv@John:5:39 by scripture, kjv@John:14:9 by His Son, kjv@John:15:26 by His Spirit. kjv@Galatians:3:24 indicates that God has morally legislated against this nature in order to prove both it's inescapable existence via the Law and man's complete inability to solve the maze issues without Him and His correct image in totality.
It is from the conceptual discernment of this composite reprobate core that we begin to see an underlying consistency throughout the Bible text as to why we are what we are, as to why Jesus had to do what He did in the manner that He did it, as to why we react to His person in the desperate and deprived manner which we do.
Furthermore, this composite conceptualization give us both a consistent reasonable and scriptural explanation as to why the many destructive manifestations of our true nature can not be sufficiently addressed other than in Christ Jesus and a consistent scriptural means of application addressing all of these natures as a whole.
- We assume the following inner workings of the reprobate context:
- The reprobate core seeks to minimize/justify the scope impact and brevity of it's destructive traits.
- The reprobate core seeks to separate/compartmentalize destructive traits from their one true source.
- The reprobate core is given over to a peculiar spiritual form of vanity by the deficient image it holds of God.
- The reprobate core is incapable of addressing the destructive trait or it's underlying cause successfully.
- It is only in the accurate reflection of God the Father, redeeming and sanctifying blood of Jesus Christ, and His promise to create within us a new spiritual creature that the root cause is addressed.