Agape a feast of love/charity
( Return to parent thread: WordStudy )
Quoted resource: strongs 'G26'
@ ἀγάπη agapē ag-ah'-pay From G25; love that is affection or benevolence; specifically (plural) a love feast: - (feast of) charity ([-ably]) dear love.
@ κατάβασις katabasis kat-ab'-as-is From G2597; a declivity: - descent.
@ καταβιβάζω katabibazō kat-ab-ib-ad'-zo From G2596 and a derivative of the base of G939; to cause to go down that is precipitate: - bring (thrust) down.
@ καταβολή katabolē kat-ab-ol-ay' From G2598; a deposition that is founding; figuratively conception: - conceive foundation.
@ καταβραβεύω katabrabeuō kat-ab-rab-yoo'-o From G2596 and G1018 (in its original sense); to award the price against that is (figuratively) to defraud (of salvation): - beguile of reward.
@ καταγγελεύς kataggeleus kat-ang-gel-yooce' From G2605; a proclaimer: - setter forth.
@ καταγγέλλω kataggellō kat-ang-gel'-lo From G2596 and the base of G32; to proclaim promulgate: - declare preach shew speak of teach.
@ καταγελάω katagelaō kat-ag-el-ah'-o To laugh down that is deride: - laugh to scorn.
@ καταγινώσκω kataginōskō kat-ag-in-o'-sko From G2596 and G1097; to note against that is find fault with: - blame condemn.
@ κατάγνυμι katagnumi kat-ag'-noo-mee From G2596 and the base of G4486; to rend in pieces that is crack apart: - break.
@ κατάγω katagō kat-ag'-o From G2596 and G71; to lead down; specifically to moor a vessel: - bring (down forth) (bring to) land touch.
@ καταγωνίζομαι katagōnizomai kat-ag-o-nid'-zom-ahee From G2596 and G75; to struggle against that is (by implication) to overcome: - subdue.
@ καταδέω katadeō kat-ad-eh'-o From G2596 and G1210; to tie down that is bandage (a wound): - bind up.
@ κατάδηλος katadēlos kat-ad'-ay-los From G2596 intensively and G1212; manifest: - far more evident.
@ καταδικάζω katadikazō kat-ad-ik-ad'-zo From G2596 and a derivative of G1349; to adjudge against that is pronounce guilty: - condemn.
@ καταδιώκω katadiōkō kat-ad-ee-o'-ko From G2596 and G1377; to hunt down that is search for: - follow after.
@ καταδουλόω katadouloō kat-ad-oo-lo'-o From G2596 and G1402; to enslave utterly: - bring into bondage.
@ καταδυναστεύω katadunasteuō kat-ad-oo-nas-tyoo'-o From G2596 and a derivative of G1413; to exercise dominion against that is oppress: - oppress.
@ καταισχύνω kataischunō kat-ahee-skhoo'-no From G2596 and G153; to shame down that is disgrace or (by implication) put to the blush: - confound dishonour (be a- make a-) shame (-d).
@ κατακαίω katakaiō kat-ak-ah'ee-o From G2596 and G2545; to burn down (to the ground) that is consume wholly: - burn (up utterly).
@ κατακαλύπτω katakaluptō kat-ak-al-oop'-to From G2596 and G2572; to cover wholly that is veil: - cover hide.
@ κατακαυχάομαι katakauchaomai kat-ak-ow-khah'-om-ahee From G2596 and G2744; to exult against (that is over): - boast (against) glory rejoice against.
@ κατάκειμαι katakeimai kat-ak'-i-mahee From G2596 and G2749; to lie down that is (by implication) be sick; specifically to recline at a meal: - keep lie sit at meat (down).
@ κατακλάω kataklaō kat-ak-lah'-o From G2596 and G2806; to break down that is divide: - break.
@ κατακλείω katakleiō kat-ak-li'-o From G2596 and G2808; to shut down (in a dungeon) that is incarcerate: - shut up.
@ κατακληροδοτέω kataklērodoteō kat-ak-lay-rod-ot-eh'-o From G2596 and a derivative of a compound of G2819 and G1325; to be a giver of lots to each that is (by implication) to apportion an estate: - divide by lot.
@ κατακλίνω kataklinō kat-ak-lee'-no From G2596 and G2827; to recline down that is (specifically) to take a place at table: - (make) sit down (at meat).
@ κατακλύζω katakluzō kat-ak-lood'-zo From G2596 and the base of G2830; to dash (wash) down that is (by implication) to deluge: - overflow.
@ κατακλυσμός kataklusmos kat-ak-looce-mos' From G2626; an inundation: - flood.
@ κατακολουθέω katakoloutheō kat-ak-ol-oo-theh'-o From G2596 and G190; to accompany closely: - follow (after).
@ κατακόπτω katakoptō kat-ak-op'-to From G2596 and G2875; to chop down that is mangle: - cut.
@ κατακρημνίζω katakrēmnizō kat-ak-rame-nid'-zo From G2596 and a derivative of G2911; to precipitate down: - cast down headlong.
@ κατάκριμα katakrima kat-ak'-ree-mah From G2632; an adverse sentence (the verdict): - condemnation.
@ κατακρίνω katakrinō kat-ak-ree'-no From G2596 and G2919; to judge against that is sentence: - condemn damn.
@ κατάκρισις katakrisis kat-ak'-ree-sis From G2632; sentencing adversely (the act): - condemn (-ation).
@ κατακυριεύω katakurieuō kat-ak-oo-ree-yoo'-o From G2596 and G2961; to lord against that is control subjugate: - exercise dominion over (lordship) be lord over overcome.
@ καταλαλέω katalaleō kat-al-al-eh'-o From G2637; to be a traducer that is to slander: - speak against (evil of).
@ καταλαλία katalalia kat-al-al-ee'-ah From G2637; defamation: - backbiting evil speaking.
@ κατάλαλος katalalos kat-al'-al-os From G2596 and the base of G2980; talkative against that is a slanderer: - backbiter.
@ καταλαμβάνω katalambanō kat-al-am-ban'-o From G2596 and G1983; to take eagerly that is seize6 possess etc. (literally or figuratively): - apprehend attain come upon comprehend find obtain perceive (over-) take.
@ καταλέγω katalegō kat-al-eg'-o From G2596 and G3004 (in its original meaning); to lay down that is (figuratively) to enrol: - take into the number.
@ κατάλειμμα kataleimma kat-al'-ime-mah From G2641; a remainder that is (by implication) a few: - remnant.
@ καταλείπω kataleipō kat-al-i'-po From G2596 and G3007; to leave down that is behind; by implication to abandon have remaining: - forsake leave reserve.
@ καταλιθάζω katalithazō kat-al-ith-ad'-zo From G2596 and G3034; to stone down that is to death: - stone.
@ καταλλαγή katallagē kat-al-lag-ay' From G2644; exchange (figuratively adjustment) that is restoration to (the divine) favor: - atonement reconciliation (-ing).
@ καταλλάσσω katallassō kat-al-las'-so From G2596 and G236; to change mutually that is (figuratively) to compound a difference: - reconcile.
@ κατάλοιπος kataloipos kat-al'-oy-pos From G2596 and G3062; left down (behind) that is remaining (plural the rest): - residue.
@ κατάλυμα kataluma kat-al'-oo-mah From G2647; properly a dissolution (breaking up of a journey) that is (by implication) a lodging place: - guestchamber inn.
@ καταλύω kataluō kat-al-oo'-o From G2596 and G3089; to loosen down (disintegrate) that is (by implication) to demolish (literally or figuratively); specifically (compare G2646) to halt for the night: - destroy dissolve be guest lodge come to nought overthrow throw down.
@ καταμανθάνω katamanthanō kat-am-an-than'-o From G2596 and G3129; to learn thoroughly that is (by implication) to note carefully: - consider.
@ καταμαρτυρέω katamartureō kat-am-ar-too-reh'-o From G2596 and G3140; to testify against: - witness against.
@ καταμένω katamenō kat-am-en'-o From G2596 and G3306; to stay fully that is reside: - abide.
@ καταμόνας katamonas kat-am-on'-as From G2596 and the accusative plural feminine of G3441 (with G5561 implied); according to sole places that is (adverbially) separately: - alone.
@ κατανάθεμα katanathema kat-an-ath'-em-ah From G2596 (intensive) and G331; an imprecation: - curse.
@ καταναθεματίζω katanathematizō kat-an-ath-em-at-id'-zo From G2596 (intensive) and G332; to imprecate: - curse.
@ καταναλίσκω katanaliskō kat-an-al-is'-ko From G2596 and G355; to consume utterly: - consume.
@ καταναρκάω katanarkaō kat-an-ar-kah'-o From G2596 and ναρκάω narkaō (to be numb); to grow utterly torpid that is (by implication) slothful (figuratively expensive): - be burdensome (chargeable).
@ κατανεύω kataneuō kat-an-yoo'-o From G2596 and G3506; to nod down (towards) that is (by analogy) to make signs to: - beckon.
@ κατανοέω katanoeō kat-an-o-eh'-o From G2596 and G3539; to observe fully: - behold consider discover perceive.
@ καταντάω katantaō kat-an-tah'-o From G2596 and a derivative of G473; to meet against that is arrive at (literally or figuratively): - attain come.
@ κατάνυξις katanuxis kat-an'-oox-is From G2660; a prickling (sensation as of the limbs asleep) that is (by implication [perhaps by some confusion with G3506 or even with G3571]) stupor (lethargy): - slumber.
@ κατανύσσω katanussō kat-an-oos'-so From G2596 and G3572; to pierce thoroughly that is (figuratively) to agitate violently (sting to the quick): - prick.
@ καταξιόω kataxioō kat-ax-ee-o'-o From G2596 and G515; to deem entirely deserving: - (ac-) count worthy.
@ καταπατέω katapateō kat-ap-at-eh'-o From G2596 and G3961; to trample down; figuratively to reject with disdain: - trample tread (down underfoot).
@ κατάπαυσις katapausis kat-ap'-ow-sis From G2664; reposing down that is (by Hebraism) abode: - rest.
@ καταπαύω katapauō kat-ap-ow'-o From G2596 and G3973; to settle down that is (literally) to colonize or (figuratively) to (cause to) desist: - cease (give) rest (-rain).
@ καταπέτασμα katapetasma kat-ap-et'-as-mah From a compound of G2596 and a congener of G4072; something spread thoroughly that is (specifically) the door screen (to the Most Holy Place) in the Jewish kjv@Temple: - vail.
@ καταπίνω katapinō kat-ap-ee'-no From G2596 and G4095; to drink down that is gulp entire (literally or figuratively): - devour drown swallow (up).
@ καταπίπτω katapiptō kat-ap-ip'-to From G2596 and G4098; to fall down: - fall (down).
@ καταπλέω katapleō kat-ap-leh'-o From G2596 and G4126; to sail down upon a place that is to land at: - arrive.
@ καταπονέω kataponeō kat-ap-on-eh'-o From G2596 and a derivative of G4192; to labor down that is wear with toil (figuratively harass): - oppress vex.
@ καταποντίζω katapontizō kat-ap-on-tid'-zo From G2596 and a derivative of the same as G4195; to plunge down that is submerge: - drown sink.
@ κατάρα katara kat-ar'-ah From G2596 (intensive) and G685; imprecation execration: - curse (-d -ing).
@ καταράομαι kataraomai kat-ar-ah'-om-ahee Middle voice from G2671; to execrate; by analogy to doom: - curse.
@ καταργέω katargeō kat-arg-eh'-o From G2596 and G691; to be (render) entirely idle (useless) literally or figuratively: - abolish cease cumber deliver destroy do away become (make) of no (none without) effect fail loose bring (come) to nought put away (down) vanish away make void.
@ καταριθμέω katarithmeō kat-ar-ith-meh'-o From G2596 and G705; to reckon among: - number with.
@ καταρτίζω katartizō kat-ar-tid'-zo From G2596 and a derivative of G739; to complete thoroughly that is repair (literally or figuratively) or adjust: - fit frame mend (make) perfect (-ly join together) prepare restore.
@ κατάρτισις katartisis kat-ar'-tis-is From G2675; thorough equipment (subjectively): - perfection.
@ καταρτισμός katartismos kat-ar-tis-mos' From G2675; complete furnishing (objectively): - perfecting.
@ κατασείω kataseiō kat-as-i'-o From G2596 and G4579; to sway downward that is make a signal: - beckon.
@ κατασκάπτω kataskaptō kat-as-kap'-to From G2596 and G4626; to undermine that is (by implication) destroy: - dig down ruin.
@ κατασκευάζω kataskeuazō kat-ask-yoo-ad'-zo From G2596 and a derivative of G4632; to prepare thoroughly (properly by external equipment; whereas G2090 refers rather to internal fitness); by implication to construct create: - build make ordain prepare.
@ κατασκηνόω kataskēnoō kat-as-kay-no'-o From G2596 and G4637; to camp down that is haunt; figuratively to remain: - lodge rest.
@ κατασκήνωσις kataskēnōsis kat-as-kay'-no-sis From G2681; an encamping that is (figuratively) a perch: - nest.
@ κατασκιάζω kataskiazō kat-as-kee-ad'-zo From G2596 and a derivative of G4639; to overshade that is cover: - shadow.
@ κατασκοπέω kataskopeō kat-as-kop-eh'-o From G2685; to be a sentinel that is to inspect insidiously: - spy out.
@ κατάσκοπος kataskopos kat-as'-kop-os From G2596 (intensive) and G4649 (in the sense of a watcher); a reconnoiterer: - spy.
@ κατασοφίζομαι katasophizomai kat-as-of-id'-zom-ahee Middle voice from G2596 and G4679; to be crafty against that is circumvent: - deal subtilly with.
@ καταστέλλω katastellō kat-as-tel'-lo From G2596 and G4724; to put down that is quell: - appease quiet.
@ κατάστημα katastēma kat-as'-tay-mah From G2525; properly a position or condition that is (subjectively) demeanor: - behaviour.
@ καταστολή katastolē kat-as-tol-ay' From G2687; a deposit that is (specifically) costume: - apparel.
@ καταστρέφω katastrephō kat-as-tref'-o From G2596 and G4762; to turn upside down that is upset: - overthrow.
@ καταστρηνιάω katastrēniaō kat-as-tray-nee-ah'-o From G2596 and G4763; to become voluptuous against: - begin to wax wanton against.
@ καταστροφή katastrophē kat-as-trof-ay' From G2690; an overturn (catastrophe) that is demolition; figuratively apostasy: - overthrow subverting.
@ καταστρώννυμι katastrōnnumi kat-as-trone'-noo-mee From G2596 and G4766; to strew down that is (by implication) to prostrate (slay): - overthrow.
@ κατασύρω katasurō kat-as-oo'-ro From G2596 and G4951; to drag down that is arrest judicially: - hale.
@ κατασφάττω katasphattō kat-as-fat'-to From G2596 and G4969; to kill down that is slaughter: - slay.
@ κατασφραγίζω katasphragizō kat-as-frag-id'-zo From G2596 and G4972; to seal closely: - seal.
@ κατάσχεσις kataschesis kat-as'-khes-is From G2722; a holding down that is occupancy: - possession.
@ κατατίθημι katatithēmi kat-at-ith'-ay-mee From G2596 and G5087; to place down that is deposit (literally or figuratively): - do lay shew.
@ κατατομή katatomē kat-at-om-ay' From a compound of G2596 and τέμνω temnō (to cut); a cutting down (off) that is mutilation (ironically): - concision. Compare G609.
@ ἅμα hama ham'-ah A primary particle; properly at the same time but freely used as a preposition or adverb denoting close association: - also and together with (-al).
@ ἀμαθής amathēs am-ath-ace' From G1 (as a negative particle) and G3129; ignorant: - unlearned.
@ ἀμαράντινος amarantinos am-ar-an'-tee-nos From G263; amaranthine that is (by implication) fadeless: - that fadeth not away.
@ ἀμάραντος amarantos am-ar'-an-tos From G1 (as a negative particle) and a presumed derivative of G3133; unfading that is (by implication) perpetual: - that fadeth not away.
@ ἁμαρτάνω hamartanō ham-ar-tan'-o Perhaps from G1 (as a negative particle) and the base of G3313; properly to miss the mark (and so not share in the prize) that is (figuratively) to err especially (morally) to sin: - for your faults offend sin trespass.
@ ἁμάρτημα hamartēma ham-ar'-tay-mah From G264; a sin (properly concrete): - sin.
@ ἁμαρτία hamartia ham-ar-tee'-ah From G264; sin (properly abstract): - offence sin (-ful).
@ ἀμάρτυρος amarturos am-ar'-too-ros From G1 (as a negative particle) and a form of G3144; unattested: - without witness.
@ ἁμαρτωλός hamartōlos ham-ar-to-los' From G264; sinful that is a sinner: - sinful sinner.
@ ἄμαχος amachos am'-akh-os From G1 (as a negative particle) and G3163; peaceable: - not a brawler.
Two passages in particular kjv@1John:4:7-18 and kjv@1Corinthians:13:4-8 detail agape love.
- kjv@1John:4:7-18 - What is:
- kjv@1John:4:7 - is of God
- kjv@1John:4:8 - God is kjv@1John:4:16
- kjv@1John:4:9-10 - manifest God toward us, not that we loved, that He sent Son
- kjv@1John:4:11 - as He so we ought
- kjv@1John:4:12 - perfected one to another
- kjv@1John:4:16 - dwelling in love = dwelling in God and God in him
- kjv@1John:4:17-18 - made perfect in boldness in day of judgement, no fear
- kjv@1Corinthians:13:4-8 - How presented:
- suffers long, envys not, vaunts not, not puffed, not behaving unseemingly, seeks not own, not easily provoked, thinks no evil, rejoices not in iniquity/rejoices in truth, bears all, believes all, hopes all, endures all, never ending.
love, charity, dear strkjv@Colossians:1:13
- Possessed by (strkjv@STRING:G26+of):
- of God strkjv@1John:2:5 strkjv@1John:2:15 strkjv@1John:3:17 strkjv@1John:4:9 strkjv@1John:5:3 strkjv@2Corinthians:13:14 strkjv@2Thessalonians:3:5 strkjv@Jude:1:21 strkjv@Luke:11:42 strkjv@Romans:5:5 strkjv@Romans:8:39
- of the Father strkjv@1John:2:15 strkjv@John:17:26
- from God strkjv@Ephesians:6:23
- of Christ strkjv@2Corinthians:5:14 strkjv@Ephesians:3:19 strkjv@Romans:8:35 strkjv@John:15:9-10
- of the Spirit strkjv@Romans:15:30
- Thessalonians strkjv@2Thessalonians:1:3 strkjv@1Thessalonians:3:6
- Ephesians strkjv@Ephesians:1:15
- Philemon strkjv@Philemon:1:5 strkjv@Philemon:1:7
- Philippians strkjv@Philippians:1:9
- Church at Thyatira strkjv@Revelation:2:19
- of many strkjv@Matthew:24:12
- of truth strkjv@2Thessalonians:2:10
- associated with:
- God sent only begotten Son strkjv@1John:4:9
- wherewith thou hast loved me strkjv@John:17:26
- commended towards us in that strkjv@Romans:5:8
- bestowed.. called sons of God strkjv@1John:3:1
- laying down life for others strkjv@1John:3:16
- grace of the Lord strkjv@1Timothy:1:14
- dwell in him strkjv@1John:3:17
- shed abroad in our hearts strkjv@Romans:5:5
- abideth faith _ hope strkjv@1Corinthians:13:13
- with faith strkjv@Ephesians:6:23
- faith worketh by strkjv@Galatians:5:6
- fruit of Spirit is strkjv@Galatians:5:22
- given not spirit of fear but.. strkjv@2Timothy:1:7
- Lord direct your hearts into strkjv@2Thessalonians:3:5
- is bond of perfection strkjv@Colossians:3:14
- perfected by keeping word strkjv@1John:2:5
- keeping commandment strkjv@1John:5:3 walk in strkjv@2John:1:6
- fulfilling the law strkjv@Romans:13:10
- constraining us strkjv@2Corinthians:5:14
- holy blameless before Him in strkjv@Ephesians:1:4
- multiplied strkjv@Jude:1:2
- abound more in knowledge and judgement strkjv@Philippians:1:9
- abounding toward each other strkjv@2Thessalonians:1:3
- passeth knowledge, strkjv@Ephesians:3:19
- made known in afflction and anguish strkjv@2Corinthians:2:4
- breast plate of faith and strkjv@1Thessalonians:5:8
- rooted grounded in strkjv@Ephesians:3:17
- forebearing one another in strkjv@Ephesians:4:2
- worketh no ill toward neighbor strkjv@Romans:13:10
- bowels of compassion strkjv@1John:3:17
- be with you all strkjv@2Corinthians:13:14
- all men shall know by strkjv@John:13:35
- my example of... known strkjv@2Timothy:3:10
- born witness of strkjv@3John:1:6
- decalred in spirit strkjv@Colossians:1:8
- edifing strkjv@1Corinthians:8:1 strkjv@Ephesians:4:16
- hearts knit together in strkjv@Colossians:2:2
- if be any comfort of strkjv@Philippians:2:1
- greeting kiss strkjv@1Peter:5:14
- labour of strkjv@1Thessalonians:1:3
- labour of not forgotten strkjv@Hebrews:6:10
- truth and strkjv@2John:1:3
- defence of the gospel strkjv@Philippians:1:17
- bowels of saints refreshed in strkjv@Philemon:1:7
- for sake of I rather beseech strkjv@Philemon:1:9
- or come in _ and spirit of meekness strkjv@1Corinthians:4:21
- disbelieving wife saved in strkjv@1Timothy:2:15
- disassociated with:
- recieved not strkjv@2Thessalonians:1:3 strkjv@John:5:42
- deceivableness of riches strkjv@2Thessalonians:2:10
- love of world strkjv@1John:2:15
- have not within you strkjv@1John:2:15
- pass over judgement and strkjv@Luke:11:42
- because of iniquity.. waxing cold, strkjv@Matthew:24:12
- these are spots in your feasts of strkjv@Jude:1:12
- thou hast left thy first strkjv@Revelation:2:4
- Exhortations regarding:
- continue in my strkjv@John:15:9 abide in my strkjv@John:15:10
- live in peace and in _ of God strkjv@2Corinthians:13:11
- walk in strkjv@Ephesians:5:2
- who shall seperate us from, strkjv@Romans:8:35 strkjv@Romans:8:39
- keep yourselves in, strkjv@Jude:1:21
- be an example of strkjv@1Timothy:2:15
- have fervent _ among yourselves strkjv@1Peter:4:8
- confirm your strkjv@2Corinthians:2:8
- prove sincerity of strkjv@2Corinthians:8:8
- prove your strkjv@2Corinthians:8:24
- consider one another to provoke unto strkjv@Hebrews:10:24
- be ye like minded having same _ strkjv@Philippians:2:2
- serve one another by strkjv@Galatians:5:13
- esteem them highly in strkjv@1Thessalonians:5:13
- let be without dissimulation strkjv@Romans:12:9
- let all things be done in strkjv@1Corinthians:16:14
- add to kindness _ strkjv@2Peter:1:7
- hold forth form of sound words.. in strkjv@2Timothy:1:13
- that aged men be sound in strkjv@Titus:2:2
- flee these things, follow after strkjv@1Timothy:6:11 strkjv@2Timothy:2:22
- strive together with me in your prayers strkjv@Romans:15:30
( Return to parent thread: WordStudy )