Reprobate Mind kjv@Romans:1:21-32 - RandyP
Series: The power of God unto salvation Romans:1
The reprobate mind.
Quoted resource: easton 'reprobate'
@ Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
@ Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
@ And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
- Notice the immediate progression of the reprobate mind kjv@Romans:1:21-23:
- reprobate - they knew God but didn't glorify/thank kjv@Romans:1:21
@ Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
@ Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
@ For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
@ And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
@ And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
- Reprobate Mind - Effect kjv@Romans:1:24-28
- reprobate effect - God gave them up to uncleanness kjv@Romans:1:24
- uncleanness to dishonour own bodies kjv@Romans:1:24
- reprobate effect - change truth of God into lie kjv@Romans:1:25
- reprobate effect - God gave them up to vile affections kjv@Romans:1:26
- vile affections - lust men for men kjv@Romans:1:27
- reprobate effect - to do things not convenient kjv@Romans:1:28
@ Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
@ Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
@ Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
@ Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
- Reprobate Mind Conditions kjv@Romans:1:29-32
- reprobate condition - unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers kjv@Romans:1:29
- reprobate condition - Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents kjv@Romans:1:30
- reprobate condition - Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful kjv@Romans:1:31
- reprobate condition - knows God's judgement but does anyway kjv@Romans:1:32
- reprobate condition - knows God's judgement but has pleasure in others that do same kjv@Romans:1:32
( Return to parent thread: Romans:1 )
New - Paul's greeting to the Romans #Romans:1:1-7
New - Paul's thankfulness and prayer for Romans #Romans:1:8-14
New - Gospel - Power of God unto Salvation #Romans:1:15-18
New - Wrath of God #Romans:1:18-20
New - Gospel - Reprobate Mind #Romans:1:21-32