Battling Personal Destructive Traits:
An examination of the daily applications of "Like Precious Faith" toward the specific personal issues of anger abusiveness hostility rage temper wrath.
Companion series to the FoundationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith
(Thread begun by RandyP )
If the objective of this series is to prove to you the unsurpassed utility of the "like precious faith" upon the many destructive traits we hold, there is perhaps no better place for us to begin than with the destructive trait of anger/abusiveness/temper/rage. It essentially is to showcase the influence of God's righteousness upon all of the articles listed of Peter's "like precious faith" in view of you and your loved ones finding victory in your battle against these corruptions and personal destructions.
In this particular case I ask you to recall the lives of two important Old Testament kings Saul and David. Saul unfortunately will be our example of anger at it's worst, anger uninfluenced. David to be the example of the influence of God's righteousness upon the transformative articles of his exemplary faith. Both men were anointed by God to be king of young Israel one after the other. With the anointing came plenty of opportunity to be angry to the point of rage as you can imagine.
Saul, the first king, was prone to judge things by what was right in His own eyes. Even when God told him right, he would skew it to his own liking. We can say that he was uninfluenced by God's righteousness and very impressed with his own. It lead him down the path to his own destruction, to not trust the important people around his throne up to and including his own son Jonathan thus setting them to fear and constant watch, even exile. When the sanity of his decisions and actions fled as it often did he resorted to mere carnal impulse, javelins flung, fits of rampage, endlessly chasing those in exile, consulting with spirit mediums. All along Saul put the nation in much tension and jeopardy.
David on the other hand is the reason largely we know about the transformative influence of God's righteousness upon our faith and lives. Much like Peters, his pen brings to us a wealth of information of it's unsurpassed effect. David facing impossible odds, a nation wanting to split apart at the seams, people within his own court seeking to snare or destroy him, held firm relying on the strength found from God. God was able to influence upon him the very articles Peter centuries latter exhorted in the name of Christ Jesus.
- The articles flow fairly smoothly beginning with faith obtained in and on and as a result of God's righteousness including:
- it's (righteousness) influence upon grace and peace with God/self/others and the multiplication of it in the knowledge of Christ.
- it's influence over divine providence giving us all things pertaining to life and godliness both in the ability to partake of divine nature and the ability to escape corruption as promised.
- it's influence over the the establishment of fruitful faith that is compounded with further influence over our courage and valor towards doing His right, knowledge from an uncorrupted source, spiritual temperance towards all things, patience not to get discouraged in the fight, godliness infused with true spiritual power, brotherly kindness born of forgiveness, and incorruptible agape love.
- it's influence causing us to abide in the abundant fruit in the knowledge of Christ, being able to see the causes of times when we rather lack such fruit.
- it's influence on the confidence in our calling and election, the present abundance of entrance into His kingdom
- it's influence upon our personal testimony to others putting them also into remembrance of these victories in Christ.
- This all being more than fable, but an actual spiritual process of man's redemption looked anticipated and established long before now.
- All of these things I can show specific need of in the fight against our destructive anger traits and issues.
Peter near the end of his life outlines for us what is to be planted and influenced to grow by God's righteousness. We look back on David and we see how he lived it and benefited tremendously (see: index:PSALMSBYTHEME PsalmsAuthor - David ). We look further back on Saul and see how his self righteousness fought against it tooth and nail. Both men anointed. Both men tested. One man with destructive unrighteous anger, the other with a much influenced form of righteous anger kept balanced by all things holy and profitable.
Our examination of this now leads us over to the system discussion boards where I will provide for you helpful links and commentary to get you started. Please click on the links and explore this "like precious faith" to your hearts content!
Suggested areas of immediate "Like Precious" focus:
- (see: FoundationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith )
- Influence of God's Righteousness in obtaining the measure of faith required - Comment Board:DEST10101
- Influence of perfect knowledge of God and Jesus multiplying grace peace - Comment Board:DEST10102
- Influence of divine providence - Comment Board:DEST10103
- Influence of ability to partake of His divine nature - Comment Board:DEST10104
- Influence of having escaped from corruption - Comment Board:DEST10105
- (see: ApplicationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith )
- Influence of foundation on diligence - Comment Board:DEST10106
- Influence of foundation on faith - Comment Board:DEST10107
- Influence of foundation on virtue - Comment Board:DEST10108
- Influence of foundation on Knowledge - Comment Board:DEST10109
- Influence of foundation on temperance - Comment Board:DEST10110
- Influence of foundation on patience - Comment Board:DEST10111
- Influence of foundation on godliness - Comment Board:DEST10112
- Influence of foundation on brotherly kindness - Comment Board:DEST10113
- Influence of foundation on agape love - Comment Board:DEST10114
- Lack of influence due to shortsightedness blindness forgetting old nature purged - Comment Board:DEST10114
- Making one's calling election sure - Comment Board:DEST10115
- Entering abundant entrance - Comment Board:DEST10116
- (see: JustificationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith )
- Remembrance - Comment Board:DEST10117
- Testimony - Comment Board:DEST10118
- Scripture - Comment Board:DEST10119
- Prophets - Comment Board:DEST10120