Battling Personal Destructive Traits:
An examination of the daily applications of "Like Precious Faith" toward the specific personal issues of Alchohol Addiction Dependency Drugs Drunk Glutton Liquor Pornography Witchcraft Wine
Companion series to the FoundationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith
(Thread begun by RandyP )
Enter the not so epic battle of "Addiction" verses "Like Precious Faith". The challenger in the left corner from "world of literature" in white trunks weighing in at light as a feather. The champion in the right corner from "you have no one but yourself to blame" weighing in at a massive bolder on my chest. Tonight's event hosted by the world of sensible public opinion.
The odds from opinion heavily favor the champ. In fact Addiction has gone as far as guaranteeing an early round knock out. Addiction has faced down many a faith based spiritual contenders before with little problem, none however of this unorthodox south paw style, what Like Precious calls "in and on and by the righteousness of God". The other challengers sticking to the more conventional "believe in yourself" "till you want it to change" "will power" methods. Don't get me wrong, Addiction has been knocked to the mat a time or two unexpectedly. Fight experts consider that the champ does have a weak chin; it is getting to that chin however because of his defensive stance that opponents have found most difficult.
The righteousness of God (if this writer understands it correctly) could present difficulties because it comes at it's opponent all at once in a flurry of jabs and punches. Addiction expects righteousness to leave it all up to him, that he has been abandoned and that till Addiction concedes it's will to fight that righteousness will only counter punch almost as to wear his stamina down. Like Precious has shown in other recent victories that Addiction will not be abandoned to it's own, that addiction's tactics have been spiritually superseded, that the fight has little to do with will power or stamina, rather has everything to do with the almighty source spring where righteousness comes from.
Tonight's highly anticipated battle may not be as epic as Addiction and the world of public opinion have promoted it. Not because Addiction is so unbeatable, not because public opinion is always right, but because the Word of God can show you tonight that everything "Like Precious Faith" has revealed about God's righteousness is so absolutely right.
You are not alone in this fight my struggling friend. God is not waiting for you to do what you are going to do, He is waiting for you to allow what He is going to do. It will be His influence in and on you by the righteousness Father and Son and their perfect knowledge. Opinion would translate righteousness as condemnation. Better to think of it as "His divine power having given us all things pertaining to life and godliness through the knowledge of Him that calls us to glory and virtue", as "partaking of His divine nature having escaped the corruption that is in this world through lust".
If interested please continue to the links of where He will be influencing you!
Suggested areas of immediate "Like Precious" focus:
- (see: FoundationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith )
- Influence of God's Righteousness in obtaining the measure of faith required - Comment Board:DEST10201
- Influence of perfect knowledge of God and Jesus multiplying grace peace - Comment Board:DEST10202
- Influence of divine providence - Comment Board:DEST10203
- Influence of ability to partake of His divine nature - Comment Board:DEST10204
- Influence of having escaped from corruption - Comment Board:DEST10205
- (see: ApplicationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith )
- Influence of foundation on diligence - Comment Board:DEST10206
- Influence of foundation on faith - Comment Board:DEST10207
- Influence of foundation on virtue - Comment Board:DEST10208
- Influence of foundation on Knowledge - Comment Board:DEST10209
- Influence of foundation on temperance - Comment Board:DEST10210
- Influence of foundation on patience - Comment Board:DEST10211
- Influence of foundation on godliness - Comment Board:DEST10212
- Influence of foundation on brotherly kindness - Comment Board:DEST10213
- Influence of foundation on agape love - Comment Board:DEST10214
- Lack of influence due to shortsightedness blindness forgetting old nature purged - Comment Board:DEST10214
- Making one's calling election sure - Comment Board:DEST10215
- Entering abundant entrance - Comment Board:DEST10216
- (see: JustificationsOfTheLikePreciousFaith )
- Remembrance - Comment Board:DEST10217
- Testimony - Comment Board:DEST10218
- Scripture - Comment Board:DEST10219
- Prophets - Comment Board:DEST10220